for behold, the field is white already to harvest

Got Mail?

Got Mail?

Sister San Diego will now be receiving mail directly at her current address. However, due to church policy we cannot post her address publicly. Please email ssandieg@cox.net for her current address.


Monday, April 29, 2013

Like The Rainbow After A Long Storm :)

Hey hey!

I apologize for not getting a good update in for the past 2-3 P-Days...please forgive me!

General Conference was pretty awesome!  I recommend all the talks, though I really like Elder Holland's talk, Pres. Monson's talk, & Elder Falabella's talk.  you can watch them at http://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2013/04?lang=eng

The past few weeks have been filled with highs & lows; strangely, just before & after Conference weekend some of the people we had been working with either dropped us or had stopped progressing in their commitments.  But the up side is that a less-active sister asked us to come teach her & she wants to get her life back in order--we really look forward to helping her out!  We also met an awesome family who may become investigators soon, & a guy who wants us to come & teach him about the gospel!  We're still working on meeting more people in the Ward who aren't active, & we met several during the past couple weeks who were very welcoming & wanted us to come back!  The Elders in our Ward have also found a bunch of people to teach; things are looking up & it feels the rainbow after a long storm :)

_________________________________

This just in:

I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED & I'M TRAINING!!!!!  Not only am I training a new Sister from the MTC (for the 1st time), but I'm also finishing another Sister's training at the same time!  This transfer group has 14 new Sisters coming in & 2 going out, so there are a lot of Sister trios in the mission for the next 6 weeks.  I am going to miss serving in the Truckee River Ward--it has been a privilege to work with so many awesome members & I will miss everyone we worked with!

I would like to tell you about a guy named Mike--we were trying to contact a referral & knocked on his door.  Turns out the lady we were referred to is his landlord & she lived a couple doors down.  We talked with him for a little bit, gave him a mormon.org card, & asked if we could come back.  He was super open to us coming back, & he went straight to his computer to check out the videos on mormon.org!  We had an awesome first lesson with him on Saturday--a member came with us & he totally felt the Spirit as we talked with him & testified!  I wish I could watch his progression--I know he will grow so much in his faith in Christ, & he will find what he has been searching for.  I love the gospel!!!  I know this church is the true Church of Jesus Christ, and I know that His Atonement can work miracles in anyone's life, if they will follow Him.  I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Be strong & faithful because He was!
~Sister San Diego

Sister Davis & I

Lunch is served!

 Reno Zone Conference - April 3, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment