for behold, the field is white already to harvest

Got Mail?

Got Mail?

Sister San Diego will now be receiving mail directly at her current address. However, due to church policy we cannot post her address publicly. Please email ssandieg@cox.net for her current address.


Monday, November 19, 2012

Same District....Different Ward

Howdy!

I forgot to mention last week that in Zone Conference, President Hermansen informed us that the Nevada Reno Mission will eventually reach a complement of 250 missionaries, increased from the original goal of 190!!!  That's enough to have a companionship in every Ward and every Branch, with extra to spare for large-area Wards!  We will also have Senior Couple Missionaries here soon!

Sis. Felagai & I got our call from the Zone Leaders on Saturday, aaaand........we're BOTH being transferred this Wednesday!!  Sis. Felagai will stay with the Sisters in Reno (her last companion, Sis. Wood, & my last companion, Sis. Moore) for the next 3 weeks until she goes home to Samoa on 12/12/12!  I am getting transferred to a different Ward in my District, and my new companion will be Sis. Michaud from the Sparks area.  Also, our District is getting split!  It's crazy how quickly this area of the mission is growing!  I'm sad to leave my beloved small towns, but at least I'll be close enough to run into the people every once in a while :)  I wish the new Elders in the area the best, and I can't wait to hear how the work progresses there!!

Elders Cruz & Martindale are also transferring, and training new missionaries too!  I'm so proud of them :)

Well, the next couple days will be filled with saying goodbyes, setting appointments with investigators, & everything that comes with transfers, woohoo!

With Thanksgiving approaching, I would like to encourage each of you to watch this video: http://youtu.be/Tuwid8_O8dk
Among the turkey dinner & family time, let us recognize all that our Heavenly Father has blessed us with, and let us remember to be grateful to Him for all that we have, both temporal & spiritual.

I am grateful for each of you and for the support and love you have shown me!  I am grateful for this Gospel and our Savior's Atonement, which makes it possible for us to overcome all & to become more like Him.

I hope you all have a wonderful & safe Thanksgiving week!

Be strong & faithful because Christ was!

Love,
~Sister San Diego

p.s. Oh one more thing!  I forgot to mention Sis. Felagai & I sang in church yesterday!  We sang our own twist of "As Sisters In Zion/We'll Bring the World His Truth" using Samoan & English lyrics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment